From Stranger to NeighborRefugee Assistance Fund
Belonging Begins With Us
Each refugee has unique needs. Among many types of assistance, the most common include finding housing and employment, improving language and communication skills, and enrolling children in schools.
Gulf Coast JFCS is proud to partner with HIAS and ORR to welcome and assist refugees to successfully and safely resettle in our community. Financial contributions directed toward the Refugee Assistance Fund will assist these individuals and hundreds of others from other countries with vital food, housing, employment, and child care or school-entry support. Together, we “welcome the stranger as our neighbor.”
Make an Impact:
- $1,818: Housing, utility, and food insecurity support for 1 month for one household of 4 recent asylum seekers.
- $200: Keep the lights on for a family for 1 month.
- $100: Supplement groceries for 1 month
- $50: Provides school supplies for a child entering school for the very first time.
- $18: Help pay for English classes for 1 semester.
These funds will be directed to the most urgent needs of our newcomers, prioritizing those most in need.
How To Make Your Contribution:
Donate directly online below OR
Direct your contribution by written correspondence, either email or letter, to GCJFCS Refugee Services, Refugee Assistance Fund.
Sue Farley, VP for Development
727-418-2787 | firstname.lastname@example.org