Bear HugsAdoption Bear Hugs
Celebrate Adoption with a Bear Hug
November is National Adoption Month—It’s time for Bear Hugs!
Teddy Bears are a special symbol in the foster child adoption world. They represent finding a “forever family” as often at the adoption finalization hearing, the judge presents the newly adopted child with a cuddly “Bear” to represent the new forever family they are joining.
With your support, Bear will continue to be an adoption ambassador in Tampa Bay.
Your generous sponsorship will make possible the first printing of a new book – Bobby Bear gets a Forever Family.
This groundbreaking new book will give children in foster care the opportunity to see themselves and their future adoption journey in print and on a bookshelf near you!
Your support allows the Heart Gallery of Pinellas and Pasco find adoptive families for the hardest-to-place children in foster care – teenagers, siblings, and children with special medical or emotional needs.
Our goal is to find a forever family for every child before they age out of foster care – because every child deserves a forever family.
Bring Bobby Bear to Bookshelves
Additional Gift Impact Options
To add an additional contribution, enter a custom amount.
Your added support provides the following:
- $500 − Supports an additional Heart Gallery location
- $250 − Sponsors an Adoptive Parent Support workshop
- $100 − Provides a birthday party or other normal childhood experience for one child
Become an Adoption Ambassador:
Adoption Ambassadors are community champions and networkers promoting the opportunity to help foster children find their forever families through the Heart Gallery of Pinellas & Pasco, a Gulf Coast JFCS program.
Each Ambassador agrees to champion National Adoption Month Bear Hugs community events by doing one or more of the following:
- To host or locate a host for a gathering celebrating how the Heart Gallery of Pinellas and Pasco makes adoption from foster care possible. Events will promote Bobby Bear Gets a Forever Family and supplemental opportunities to support adoption recruitment.
- To give or collectively raise $1,000 to help us reach the Bear Hugs Adoption Month fundraising goal and help recruit for adoptive families for children waiting in foster care.
- To like, comment, and share Heart Gallery of Pinellas and Pasco’s social media posts during promotion and beyond.
Meet Bear –
I am so excited to meet you all! I love to have adventures, learn new things, and spend time with my friends
Thank you for giving me my “forever family” and helping me share how many great kids are in foster care right now just waiting to find their “forever family”. My birth name is BEAR, but as my adoptive family gets to know me, I’m hoping you will help me find my very own nickname…just don’t call it a “pet name”! (tee hee)
I’m curious too, and love going on adventures with my family, especially outdoors to parks, or sporting events, maybe even the amusement park!
Help Bear be an Adoption Ambassador:
Plan to take “Bear” out and about anywhere you go, where Bear can introduce others – grocery store, restaurants, the park, etc
- Take a picture of your adventure with Bear and be sure to tell others about Bear’s story. For more information, scan the QR code on Bear’s tag.
- Post your photo using the hashtag #AdoptionBearHugs and tag us on Facebook or Instagram at @HeartGalleryKids if you’d like us to see it and share it!
Host a Bear Hug Community Event:
Bear Hug events can be organized by anyone interested in making adoption from foster care possible.
Bear Hug Community Events are coordinated third-party promotion events where invites, advertising, food, drinks, etc are handled by the host and supported by program staff.
Host-organized receptions may be located at your desired location including:
- Your home or business,
- Your worship space or other faith-related spaces,
- Community festivals,
- Community groups,
- Brewery or restaurant.