Bear BowlBear Bowl
Join Us for Bear Bowl
Lace up your bowling shoes and strike out barriers to adoption!
Teddy Bears are a special symbol in the foster child adoption world. They represent finding a “forever family” as often at the adoption finalization hearing, the judge presents the newly adopted child with a cuddly “Bear” to represent the new forever family they are joining.
With your support of Bear Bowl, Bear will continue to be an adoption ambassador in Tampa Bay.
Saturday, March 30
Registration: 5:00 pm
Bowling: 6:00 – 8:00 pm
Maple Lanes Countryside,
27867 Highway 19 North, Clearwater, FL
ENTRY FEE: $35 PER BOWLER OR $200 FOR ENTIRE LANE
Includes unlimited 8-pin no tap, 1 pizza and soda pitcher per lane
Raffle baskets & 50/50 raffle
Get your copy of Bobby Bear Gets a Forever Family for an additional $25 donation.
All proceeds benefit the Heart Gallery of Pinellas and Pasco, a program of Gulf Coast JFCS
Event Sponsor Levels:
- SPLIT: $1,000
- SPARE: $2,500
- STRIKE: $5,000
*Individual contributions of $1,000 or more qualify for recognition in Gulf Coast JFCS Tree of Life Circle.
Sway Bag Advertisers:
- $100 FOR 100 BUSINESS CARDS
- $150 FOR 100 FLYERS
- $250 FOR 100 FLYERS, CARDS, AND PROMO MATERIALS
Have you read our new book? Bobby Bear gets a Forever Family
This groundbreaking new book gives children in foster care the opportunity to see themselves and their future adoption journey in print and on your bookshelf!
Your financial support allows the Heart Gallery of Pinellas and Pasco find adoptive families for the hardest-to-place children in foster care – teenagers, siblings, and children with special medical or emotional needs.
Our goal is to find a forever family for every child before they age out of foster care – because every child deserves a forever family.
Help Bear be an Adoption Ambassador:
Plan to take “Bear” out and about anywhere you go, where Bear can introduce others – grocery store, restaurants, the park, etc
- Take a picture of your adventure with Bear and be sure to tell others about Bear’s story. For more information, scan the QR code on Bear’s tag.
- Post your photo using the hashtag #AdoptionBearHugs and tag us on Facebook or Instagram at @HeartGalleryKids if you’d like us to see it and share it!
Meet Bear –
I am so excited to meet you all! I love to have adventures, learn new things, and spend time with my friends
Thank you for giving me my “forever family” and helping me share how many great kids are in foster care right now just waiting to find their “forever family”. My birth name is BEAR, but as my adoptive family gets to know me, I’m hoping you will help me find my very own nickname…just don’t call it a “pet name”! (tee hee)
I’m curious too, and love going on adventures with my family, especially outdoors to parks, or sporting events, maybe even the amusement park!
Become an Adoption Ambassador:
Adoption Ambassadors are community champions and networkers promoting the opportunity to help foster children find their forever families through the Heart Gallery of Pinellas & Pasco, a Gulf Coast JFCS program.
Each Ambassador agrees to champion National Adoption Month Bear Hugs community events by doing one or more of the following:
- To host or locate a host for a gathering celebrating how the Heart Gallery of Pinellas and Pasco makes adoption from foster care possible. Events will promote Bobby Bear Gets a Forever Family and supplemental opportunities to support adoption recruitment.
- To give or collectively raise $1,000 to help us reach the Bear Hugs Adoption Month fundraising goal and help recruit for adoptive families for children waiting in foster care.
- To like, comment, and share Heart Gallery of Pinellas and Pasco’s social media posts during promotion and beyond.
Host a Bear Hug Community Event:
Bear Hug events can be organized by anyone interested in making adoption from foster care possible.
Bear Hug Community Events are coordinated third-party promotion events where invites, advertising, food, drinks, etc are handled by the host and supported by program staff.
Host-organized receptions may be located at your desired location including:
- Your home or business,
- Your worship space or other faith-related spaces,
- Community festivals,
- Community groups,
- Brewery or restaurant.