Preserving the dignity of a challenging life
Our program follows the Psychosocial Rehabilitation Treatment Model, which focuses on residents’ strengths and abilities rather than their mental illness. Our goal is to help each one of our residents reach their full potential and we do this by creating a comfortable home environment where our staff assists residents with a variety of daily living skills such as improving hygiene, healthy eating, & increasing social interaction. Treatment includes the following:
- Psychiatric services
- Psychosocial rehabilitation
- Life skills training
Our residents have the opportunity to participate in various programs in the community, and most receive case management services through various local agencies. Our in-house therapist provides Individual Therapy weekly, and Psychosocial Rehabilitation Groups several times per week. Our 24-hour nursing staff provides medication management and our residents get psychiatric care through a contracted ARNP. We focus on teaching life skills and helping our residents reintegrate back into the community. We often take our residents on staff supervised outings such as to some of the county parks, beaches, the movies and shopping trips. We also have a number of interns in various disciplines that work with our residents to improve cognitive skills by engaging in board games, card games, arts and crafts, etc. Outside providers also offer classes in-house such as Competency Training, Moral Reconation Therapy and Wellness Recovery. The activities may include, but are not limited to the following:
- Community outings to local shops, banks, and businesses with staff supervision and support.
- Day trips to various South Florida area attractions.
- Physical activities including walking, basketball, kickball and dance.
- Integration of the arts including music, painting/coloring, and other methods of self-expression.
- Competency Training, Moral Reconation Therapy and WRAP groups
Elena Naranjo, MS Ed, LMHC
201 NE 40th Ct.
Oakland Park, FL 33334-1311