Companionship, Help & Access by Telephone for Seniors (CHATS) is a Gulf Coast JFCS program that matches seniors with a volunteer caller so they can enjoy a weekly telephone chat.
CHATS program staff matches callers based on preferences and interests. Callers work together to decide what day and time to chat. CHATS is free, only a reliable land line or cell phone is required.
- Research shows friends are good for your health
- Callers can become lifelong friends
- Callers can connect you to Gulf Coast JFCS resources that might be helpful
- You can learn and share something together
- Callers can make you SMILE
To learn more, email CHATS@gcjfcs.org or call our CHATS Program Coordinator at 727-450-7278.
Want to help but can’t volunteer? Your donation will help us expand CHATS to help more seniors! Use the button below to donate online and enter “CHATS” in the notes section or mail a check to:
Gulf Coast JFCS
14041 Icot Boulevard
Clearwater, FL 33760
A friendly caller program for homebound or isolated seniors