Preserving the dignity of a challenging life
Our program follows the Psychosocial Rehabilitation Treatment Model, which focuses on residents’ strengths and abilities rather than their mental illness. Our goal is to help each one of our residents reach their full potential and we do this by creating a comfortable home environment where our staff assists residents with a variety of daily living skills such as improving hygiene, healthy eating, & increasing social interaction. Treatment includes the following:
- Psychiatric services
- Psychosocial rehabilitation
- Life skills training
Our residents have the opportunity to attend Day Treatment and most of our residents receive case management services through the Broward County Elderly and Veterans Services. We also provide Psychosocial Rehabilitation Groups that we bill through Medicaid. Our 24-hour nursing staff provides medication management and our residents get psychiatric care through a contracted ARNP. A large part of our therapy, however, comes from integrating our residents back into the community. We do this by taking residents on daily staff supervised outings such as shopping trips to Walmart & Target, Sawgrass Mills, the movies, the beach, parks, the Boardwalk in Hollywood, and other local tourist attractions. We also have regular parties for residents’ birthdays, holidays, and every few months we have Family Night with music & dancing. Activities are not limited to but include the following:
- Community outings to local shops, banks, and businesses with staff supervision and support.
- Day trips to various South Florida area attractions.
- Age-appropriate physical activities including walking, swimming, and dance.
- Visits to local senior activity centers.
- Integration of the arts including music, photography, and other methods of self-expression.
J. Craig Bankert, LMHC, CAP
201 NE 40th Ct.
Oakland Park, FL 33334-1311