A home-like environment for recovery.
The Adele Gilbert Residential Treatment Program is a 16-bed facility in Pinellas County for adults aged 18 + who have chronic mental illness and may also have co-occurring substance abuse issues.
The estimated length of stay is 6-8 months and consumers may leave the facility unsupervised after the first 45 days, pending certain criteria levels have been met.
The program accepts forensic referrals including individuals who are “incompetent to proceed” and “not guilty by reason of insanity.”
- With the help of the Adele Gilbert Residential Treatment Program staff, one consumer that had lost touch with his family for over 15 years, was able to locate and eventually be reunited with his family.
- One consumer completed and graduated from the program and is now employed by Gulf Coast Jewish Family & Community Services .
- Another consumer had lost contact with his mother for more than 10 years. The Adele Gilbert Residential Treatment Program staff was able to effectively open the lines of communication between them and now they talk every day.
The program employs a professional and qualified staff and is a cost-effective, community-based program which helps individuals by:
- Reintegrating them into the community
- Teaching the 12-step principals in relationship to substance abuse and other forms of addictions
- Finding employment or completing GED programs
- Assisting with medication management
- Coping with mental health issues in daily living
- Developing short/long term goals
- Encouraging independence through the role recovery module
Additional services include:
- Daily treatment groups
- Food preparation employment training
- Access to outside AA/NA programs and meetings
- Individual counseling
- Voluntary resident work programs
- Areas and encouragement for physical exercise
3180 66th St North
St. Petersburg, FL 33710
This program is made possible in partnership with the Department of Children and Families (DCF) and the Central Florida Behavioral Health Network.