avoid placement in a nursing home
The Elder Services program provides case management coordination for homemaker, personal care, respite and other services to enable frail and functionally impaired elders to remain in their home and avoid placement in a nursing home.
Services also provide critical support for caregivers to minimize or avoid stress and fatigue.
What our clients and caregivers are saying about the program:
“You’re the best! I couldn’t ‘be’ without your help.”
“I feel I am well taken care of and appreciate the kindness shown to me.”
“I think you give your customers peace of mind as we get older. Thank you.”
Elder Services are provided to as many as 1,000 aging adults in Pinellas County annually.
Elder Services Case Managers help clients and their caregivers with access to various programs which might include assistance with:
- In-Home Services including Bathing, Homemaking, Shopping, Home-Delivered Meals, Emergency Alert Device, Medication Management, Consumable Supplies, and equipment.
- Facility-Based Services including Adult Day Care or Assisted Living Facility
- Caregiver Services including Respite and Financial support
- Consultant Services for consumers or their representatives who arrange their own services directly
- Community Resources including access to Medicaid, Food Stamps, or other available assistance
Additional Programs (for adults 18 years and older):
- Care for those who suffer from Alzheimer’s or other dementia (Pinellas)
Referrals begin with a call to the Senior Helpline at Area Agency on Aging:
For these programs include Area Agency on Aging (Pinellas/Pasco), and State of Florida Department of Elder Affairs