Intensive Family Preservation Services – Miami-Dade County provides intervention and support services to families who have been identified by the Department of Children and Families to be at imminent risk for Dependency Court action. The families’ children are our primary client.
In order to reduce barriers to success IFPS:
- Helps the family to identify and problem solve those issues that lead to abuse and neglect
- Helps the family learn about, practice and develop proficiency in strategies to avoid, deal with, or overcome those issues
- Helps the family by teaching them how to utilize community resources effectively and to their best advantage
Services are provided on-site in the client’s home, school or other community setting. Licensed and Master’s Level Therapists are assigned to provide services and are supervised by Licensed Clinical Supervisors. Sessions are structured around client’s clinical needs and presentation and are driven by a treatment plan outlining the evidenced based interventions to be used during treatment.
Referrals are made to link clients with additional services in the community as appropriate.
IFPS serves the family for 9-12 weeks with a minimum of 6-10 hours of services usually delivered in 3 sessions per week.
IFPS also provides:
- 24/7/365 Intake
- Case Management
- Child Safety Planning and Advocacy
- Contingency Funds
- Crisis Stabilization and Trauma Informed Counseling
- Child Advocacy
- Parenting Education and Skills
90% of families served have remained in their homes, without the additional trauma that may be caused by the separation of children from their parents.
Main Phone: 305.517.2116
On-Call Phone: 305.763.9450
Provided by Our Kids of Dade & Monroe County